A Happy and Healthy Spring in Oswego
The days are getting longer, and temperatures are on the rise! Start your Spring with a bang and get involved in the Oswegoland community. We’ve put together some must-do activities to kick off the month of April.
- Spring clean and donate! A clean house equals a clear mind. Be eco-friendly as you get rid of what doesn’t spark joy at Oswego Community Recycling Day on April 13, and at the Oswego Community Garage Sale on May 17-18. Go through your home and donate what you don’t need. Spring is a season for new beginnings! Let go of the old, and make room for the new.
- Attend Oswego’s Bloody Mary Social and Adult Egg Hunt. This first annual event will bring the community together to celebrate Spring! Taste delicious Bloody Marys, and try samples from local food trucks and chefs. Participate in the Adult Egg Hunt for a chance to win free goodies!
- Purchase your season pool pass. Season pool passes for Winrock Pool and Civic Center Aquatic Park are now available! Time at the pool is a fun family activity for everyone! Visit Oswegoland Park District website to find the perfect pass for your family.
- Register for a plot in Oswego’s community garden. Registration for plots in Oswego’s community gardens opens in April! A plot in a community garden allows you to grow your own vegetablesand helps connect you to your community.
- Join the Earth Day Kite Fly. Celebrate Earth Day by flying your kite and watching professional stunts! This event is free, and open to individuals of all ages. The perfect weekend activity for anyone!
- Train for the PrairieFest 5K. Get fit for the PrairieFest 5K in June! Oswego offers tons of nature trails—the perfect place to train with friends and family.