Getting tired of what mom makes for dinner every night? Take a pizza tour of Oswego and try pizza from local places and rate them with your family. You’ll soon have many new favorite places to eat! Thirteen percent of Americans are eating pizza at any given time, so join in on the trend. Hop in the car and follow along.
First, start on the west side of town.
- Chicago Pizza Authority
- 1043 Station Drive
- Sink your teeth into their homemade sauce and dough and reward your tastebuds with a fresh slice of Chicago Pizza Authority pizza. Priding themselves on being fast, fresh, and flavorful, this pizza sure is a treat.
- Prohibition Junction Sports Bar & Grill
- 1031 Station Drive
- Come as strangers and leave as friends at this modern-day speakeasy meets sports bar. Enjoy pizza from local, three generation owned pizzeria, East Side Pizza, while cheering on your favorite team on the big screen.
Then, cross the river and make your way towards downtown.
- Danelli’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
- 228 E. Washington Street
- Voted as one of the best Italian food places in the Kendall County area in the Record Newspapers Readers’ Choice Awards, Danelli’s is a place you don’t want to miss. A classic Italian restaurant, their pizza, including their Gluten Free cauliflower crust, is sure to blow you away.
Head east on U.S. Route 34 for these delicious and iconic Chicago stops.
- 2870 U.S. Route 34
- Get a taste of some of Chicago’s best deep-dish pizza. Following a 10-step process, cooks make mouth-watering deep-dish pizza. It sure is worth the wait!
- Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
- 2848 U.S. Route 34
- Dubbed, “the oldest family name in Chicago pizza,” Lou Malnati’s uses a delicious buttery crust, vine ripened plum tomatoes from California, and Wisconsin cheese to create their deep-dish masterpiece.
- Rosati’s Pizza
- 2751 U.S. Route 34
- Eat at a classic Chicago pizza place that once drew in the likes of Al Capone. Silvario Rosati served gangster Al Capone in the 1920s, and while the infamous crime boss didn’t live on, Rosati’s did. Grab a bite of pizza made with family recipes that date back decades.
- Brick Oven Kitchen (Delta Sonic)
- 1924 U.S. Route 34
- Try Oswego’s newest pizza place, Brick Oven Kitchen at Delta Sonic. Their brick-oven style pizza is made from quality imported ingredients and are available in their drive-thru, so you won’t even have to get out of your car.
Next, go north on Douglas Road and find more yummy pizza places.
- Riverside Pizza & Pub
- 1100 Douglas Road
- A modern spin on a classic pizzeria, enjoy not only their pizza, but also play a fun game of pool or cheer on your favorite team at the bar.
- Windy City Pizza
- 316 Douglas Road
- This carry out and delivery pizza place is sure to satisfy all your needs. You can’t go wrong with their five different crust options. Try them all!
- Pizza Cucina
- 12 E Merchants Drive
- Enjoy a pizza from this local restaurant. Their delivery drivers sometimes dress up in costumes, so you might have the Mandalorian show up at your door!
Which one are you going to try first? Post your pizza pics with the hashtag #SliceofOswego so everyone can see your delicious meal.