Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and get ready for a show! Oswego’s annual Fourth of July Fireworks Display will be held at dusk, approximately 9:30 p.m., on Thursday, July 4, 2019, at Prairie Point Park. The rain date is scheduled for Friday, July 5.
Weather information and other real-time updates for the show will be available on the Village of Oswego’s Facebook page. Like or follow @VillageofOswego for notifications, including weather-related postponements and emergency evacuation instructions in inclement weather.
Prairie Point Community Park is located at 4120 Plainfield Road, between Plainfield and Grove Roads. Parking is available at Traughber Junior High School, Eastview Elementary, Prairie Point Elementary and Oswego High School. Handicapped accessible parking will be available at the Oswego School District’s bus lot, 100 Plank Road.
Traffic and parking restrictions will be in effect on streets surrounding the park prior to and immediately following the fireworks. Temporary ‘no parking’ signs will be posted and enforced at the following locations:
• Route 71 between Route 34 and Forest Avenue
• Franklin Street, on the fire hydrant side only
• Wilmette Avenue, on the fire hydrant side only
• Calumet Street, on the fire hydrant side only
• Wooley Road between Plainfield Road and Colchester Drive
• Bell Court
• Plainfield Road between Route 71 and Linden Drive
• Grove Road between Plainfield Road and Arboretum Way
• The Prairie Point Park parking lot adjacent to the shoot zone
Regular ‘no parking’ signs are posted along both sides of Stonehill Drive, Theodore Drive, Templeton Drive, and Plank Road. These will also be enforced. Please remember that parking on private property is prohibited without prior permission from the landowner.
To alleviate congestion, traffic patterns will be changed at several intersections around the park. Those areas include:
Motorists exiting both parking lots of Oswego High School and Eastview Elementary will only be allowed to travel northbound on Route 71.
• Motorists traveling east on Franklin Street will only be allowed to turn southbound onto Route 71.
• Motorists exiting Stonehill Road onto Wolf’s Crossing Road will be required to turn eastbound onto Wolf’s Crossing Road.
• Motorists exiting Stonehill Road onto Woolley Road will be required to turn eastbound onto Woolley Road.
• Motorists exiting from the Traughber Junior High School lot will only be allowed to travel northbound on Colchester Drive or eastbound on Woolley Road.
Oswego police officers, community service officers, and police explorers will be located at intersections to direct traffic. Please consider carpooling and remain patient while traffic is clearing.
For your safety, the shoot zone is a restricted area. Monitor children closely near this area. The shoot zone, located near the Prairie Point soccer fields, will be clearly marked with a yellow rope.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted. While dogs are permitted, pet owners are reminded that many dogs are frightened by fireworks and that the Fourth of July is the biggest day of the year for lost dog reports. Often, it is best to leave your pet home, in a quiet, secure environment.
For more free family-friendly events happening throughout Oswego, check out www.GoOswego.org!