- This event has passed.
Oswego Community Yard Sale
Friday August 7
3:00 am - Saturday August 8
The Oswego Community Yard Sale will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, August 7, and Saturday, August 8, rain or shine. There is an option to participate in one or both days. Garage sales are great for our community’s environment, promoting reuse and recycling of materials, however, particular guidelines are in place for this year’s sale to help sellers and customers remain safe. To host a yard sale as a part of the community-wide yard sale…
The Oswego Community Yard Sale will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, August 7, and Saturday, August 8, rain or shine. There is an option to participate in one or both days. Garage sales are great for our community’s environment, promoting reuse and recycling of materials, however, particular guidelines are in place for this year’s sale to help sellers and customers remain safe.
To host a yard sale as a part of the community-wide yard sale event, please first pay your advertising fee through following Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oswego-community-yard-sale-tickets-113406415642
Next, complete the form using the link shown below. All forms and payment must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, July 27, 2020. By paying the advertising fee, your yard sale will be publicized on the Village of Oswego’s website, on social media, and in a full-page ad in the Oswego Ledger on Thursday, August 6, 2020.
Form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIGBTuSt3Ky2Hw3QrN4TEG-PNzVramxN5VaWEpNvJ0qIfmew/viewform?c=0&vc=0&w=1
1. WEATHER: Hosts should exercise their own discretion regarding when to open or close their yard sale, including in the case of extreme weather.
2. PUBLICITY: The Village of Oswego’s role is solely in advertising and publicizing the event. The Village will advertise the yard sale on www.oswegoil.org, on its social media platforms, and in a full-page ad in the Oswego Ledger on Thursday, August 6. The Village does not provide assistance for set-up, operation, or clean-up for any yard sale.
3. YOUR ADDRESS: If you choose to participate as a seller, the Village will publish your street address so that shoppers can find your yard sale. Your name will not be published with the address.
4. RESIDENTS ONLY: You must be a Village of Oswego resident to participate as a seller.
5. COST: The cost to register is $7.00, which helps offset the Village offset advertising costs. Pay via Eventbrite using the link below. Your registration, including this form and the fee, must be paid by 5 p.m. on Monday, July 27, or the Village will not be able to publicize the address of your sale.
6. PUBLIC SAFETY GUIDELINES
a. Display/sell merchandise from your yard and/or driveway only. Do not use your garage for customers. Airflow is essential.
b. Place a table with hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes and a garbage can at the front of the sale for customer use.
c. Keep merchandise tables and racks a minimum of 6 feet apart.
d. Hang clothing or place on tables so as not to make customers sort through piles or bins.
e. Maintain 6 feet of distance at all times between non-household customers and display visual markers on the ground (i.e. chalk
markings with one-way arrows).
f. Clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces which are touched by multiple people frequently; every 2 hours recommended for
g. Customers and sellers should wear masks at all times.
h. Sellers should wear gloves when handling money and wash hands frequently.
i. Limit capacity to 50 or fewer at any time.
j. You may post no more than TWO signs that are not on your property. You are required to remove the signs at the close of the
sale and are not allowed to place signs on utility poles or street signs.