- This event has passed.
St. Patrick’s Community Drive-Around Scavenger Hunt
March 14, 2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Create fun St. Patrick’s Day Memories With Your Family and Support the Kendall County Food Pantry!
CREATE FUN ST. PATRICK’S MEMORIES WITH YOUR FAMILY and SUPPORT THE KENDALL COUNTY FOOD PANTRY!
Household teams will experience much of what Oswego has to offer, including but not limited to: community gathering locations,”hidden gems”, businesses, parks and unique sights throughout the Village. The first team to finish is the team who solves all 20 clues by locating Oswego destinations, picking up all 20 props (i.e. shamrocks, rainbows and pots o’ gold) and returning them to the outdoor Gazebo at Village Hall!
• Teams must consist of family members who reside in the same household and can safely ride in one vehicle with seatbelts on (all ages welcome )
• Fee: $20.00 in advance/$25.00 day of
• Registration is being accepted on the Event Website: Oswego St. Patrick’s Community Drive-Around Scavenger Hunt Tickets, Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 1:00 PM | Eventbrite
• Advanced online registration takes place until March 12 at 12:00 PM. (Applicable online fees apply.)
• Event day registration opens at 8:00 AM on Eventbrite. Note the increase of $5.00/team day of.
EVENT DAY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Decorate your vehicle for St. Patrick’s Day.
2. Dress in your most St. Patrick’s Day themed attire.
The most points will be awarded to the teams that participate by doing both of the above.
1. Ensure that each team member has a mask to cover their mouth and nose. Masks are required to be worn when outside of vehicles at all times.
2. Check in at Oswego Village Hall between 12:15 – 12:30 PM. Upon arrival, provide your first and last name. You may remain inside your vehicle or stand just outside of it in your designated space. A Waiver of Liability and Photo Release are required to be signed by all participants or their parents/legal guardians to participate.
4. Please arrive at Village Hall via the Washington St. entrance. Event Staff/Volunteers will direct you.
5. The “Best Decorated Vehicle and Family Contest” will begin promptly at check-in. All teams must be checked-in no later than 12:30 PM to be considered.
6. Clues will be passed out after the instructions have been given. Each team will be assigned the clues to their first three starting locations. The first three clues must be solved in the order given so that teams can be spread out. After that, clues may be solved in any order.
7. Each team will drive from place to place within the Village to solve the clues. After each clue is solved, each team is required to pick up a prop with the number on it that represents the clue they are solving.
8. Drivers must obey the posted speed limits at all times.
9. For questions or any concernbs that arise during the event, please text the Event Coordinator at 1-833-205-6565. IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY: DIAL 911.
PRIZES – UP TO $100.00 IN GIFT CERTIFICATES WILL BE AWARDED
1. One prize will be awarded to the first team that successfully completes the Scavenger Hunt by turning in all 20 of their props, or, in the case the allotted time expires, it will go to the team that turns in the greatest quantity of props by 3:00 p.m.
2. One prize will be awarded for the “Best St. Patrick’s Themed Family and Vehicle Contest”. Decorations must be “in good taste”. No weapons (real or fake) of any kind, will be allowed. Judging will take place starting at check-in.
Contact Julie Hoffman, Community Engagement Coordinator – Events: email@example.com