Happy Father’s Day, Oswego! There are so many ways to celebrate dad this weekend. While a gift and a card are nice, why not get some quality bonding time in by doing an activity together? We’ve compiled a list of some activities you can enjoy with your dad this weekend, all while staying local.
- Go fishing at Hudson Crossing Park along the Fox River or Farmington Lakes Park. Each body of water provides several fish for catch-and-release fishing, along with access to great walking trails.
- Hike at one of Oswego’s many great trails, like Saw Wee Kee park. Saw Wee Kee is an extensive nature area with several different trails to explore. The trails can also be used for horseback riding and BMX biking. With trails 0.46 miles long to 2.04 miles long, Saw Wee Kee has a distance perfect for everybody.
- Play a round of Frisbee golf at Eagle Ridge Park. Entry to the 18-hole, 22-acre disc golf course is free, and you can ride a bike there from the Waubonsee Trail or the Fox River Trail for an extra workout.
- Rent bikes downtown Oswego from the Fox Valley Bike Share. Renting a bike costs $4 for the first hour, and $5 each hour after that. The Fox River Trail is just a few blocks away and is nicely paved for a fun, easy ride.
- Go to the Prairiefest Carnival at Prairie Point Park. Join the Oswegoland Park District June 17th through June 20th for thrills, rides, and fun. An unlimited ride wristband is available each day for $25-$30, depending on the time.
- Play a round of golf at Fox Bend Golf Course. This 11-hole course provides a fun challenge with 34 well-positioned bunkers and water. With rates from $19-$55, Fox Bend can provide an afternoon of fun. Not interested in playing a full course? They also offer a driving range, practice bunker, and putting green to hone your golf skills.
- Enjoy a locally brewed beer at Oswego Brewing Co. downtown Oswego. They have a wide variety of beers brewed onsite for you to enjoy and have a good time with dad.
Be sure to share your photos of how you celebrated Father’s Day with your dad on social media and use the hashtag #GoOswego.